Interactive Stories for Interactive ESL
These photocopiable books of group stories and exercises transform the classroom into a hub of communicative, co-operative activity, with very little preparation required from the teacher.
Stories focus on vocabulary building along common themes and stimulate discussion through controversial questions in the areas of relationships and ethics. Click here for how to order the book.
Themes addressed in this book include:
- health (a skiing accident, a car accident)
- transportation (driving, taking a bus and taking a plane)
- immigration and the stages of adjustment
- shopping (buying a dress and returning it after having worn it)
- personal descriptions (including hair vocabulary: dyed, permed, trimmed)
- banking (exchanging money, cashier theft)
- housing (furnishing an apartment and a break-in)
- daily routines
- gender roles and housework (including adjectives of frequency)
- Christmas (the beloved story "The Gift of the Magi")